At Sense, we are transforming the Contractor Experience for the World's Best Places to Work. Independent Workers now make up nearly 31% of the US workforce totaling almost 41 million. We are reinventing the way companies build long-term relationship with this workforce by creating the industry's first employee engagement platform to drastically improve communication and job satisfaction. We believe this type of work is only going to get more common and the experience can be much better for the contractor.
We care deeply about the success of our customers and strive to help them achieve their goals in inspiring and engaging with their workforce. Sense is seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to help assist with client inquiries and requests regarding our contractor communication platform. Sense is a rapidly scaling company making this the best environment to take on ownership as well as learning how to grow a company. At Sense, you'll be addressing technical questions and concerns, establishing yourself as an expert in contractor experience and becoming a trusted partner.
- Become a product expert and assist customers with adoption of Sense products and applications
- Query event logs to track down email and SMS delivery errors
- Map customer candidate databases to Sense data model to ensure proper data definitions and fix as needed. Directly query customer databases to compare results.
- Search and monitor application errors to solve customer bugs. Directly work on AWS servers to understand and fix errors.
- Write and run scripts to setup data and sample content in customer accounts for pre and post sale
- Build out technical support process and playbook as the team grows. You'll be the first hire on this team.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers, closely monitoring accounts and creating health reports to identify trends and eliminate risk of attrition
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure customer issues and opportunities are escalated and addressed as needed
- Collaborate on product roadmap to prioritize bugs and features
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong technical skills: ability to query databases and logs, and write scripts to update and fix customer accounts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- A genuine interest in tracking down tricky technical issues and working with others to solve them
- Superior organizational and time management skills; excellent attention to detail.
- 5+ years working cross functionally in a technical support role
- A degree in CS or other technical field
- Familiarity with and prior experience working with email and SMS delivery, and ATS systems
- Early-stage startup experience - ideally within the recruiting or staffing space