At Sense, we are transforming the Contractor Experience for the World's Best Places to Work. Independent Workers now make up nearly 31% of the US workforce totalling almost 41 million. We are reinventing the way companies build long-term relationship with this workforce by creating the industry's first employee engagement platform to drastically improve communication and job satisfaction. We believe this type of work is only going to get more common and the experience can be much better for the contractor.
We care deeply about the success of our customers and strive to help them achieve their goals in inspiring and engaging with their workforce. Sense is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to deliver our contractor communication platform to the world's best places to work. Sense is a rapidly scaling company making this the best environment to take on ownership as well as learning how to grow a company.
As the first DevOps hire within the Sense engineering team, you'll have significant impact on building and managing the strategy for our technical infrastructure. This position will require systems design, coding and implementation. There's an opportunity to grow to lead the DevOps team as the company continues to scale as well.
• DevOps and systems experience is highly valued; If you’ve gotten your hands dirty with package and configuration management, infrastructure-as-code principles, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Linux and security, and know your way around Docker, bash and Python or Ruby, we’d love to talk with you.
• You should be passionate about getting in front of problems instead of waiting until things are on fire. If you dream of stability, love metrics, communicate well, document your code, and love building reliable systems that hum along and take care of themselves, we want you on our team.
Your responsibilities include:
• Build and iterate on our CI/CD pipeline, and the tooling that makes it all work, in a sane and reproducible way
• Automate infrastructure deployments with Terraform to help us go multi-AWS region
• Build observability into every aspect of our production infrastructure
• Implement security best practices including centralized security logging, auditing, access control management,
• Participate in on-call rotations and be a model of how to manage incidents
• Reduce RPO/RTO for our S3, RDS, Redis instances
In your first 6 months on the team, you will:
• Move our entire AWS infrastructure into Terraform
• Move us closer to a world of rigorously tested immutable infrastructure, where all infrastructure is tested before it ever gets deployed
• Set up a ElasticSearch+Kibana pipeline for centralized logging
• 4+ years of experience in DevOps
• Strong knowledge of Bash, and at least one of Python or Ruby
• Extensive experience in managing production infrastructure in either AWS or GCP