At Sense, we are transforming the Contractor Experience for the World's Best Places to Work. Independent Workers now make up nearly 31% of the US workforce totalling almost 41 million. We are reinventing the way companies build long-term relationship with this workforce by creating the industry's first employee engagement platform to drastically improve communication and job satisfaction. We believe this type of work is only going to get more common and the experience can be much better for the contractor.
We care deeply about the success of our customers and strive to help them achieve their goals in inspiring and engaging with their workforce. Sense is seeking a Data Engineer to deliver our contractor communication platform to the world's best places to work. Sense is a rapidly scaling company making this the best environment to take on ownership as well as learning how to grow a company. As a Data Engineer at Sense, you'll be intimately involved with bringing features from idea to completion.
You'll join a collaborative, fun team where everyone, including you, is active in the product defining and development process. Our founders are lifelong entrepreneurs and have built and scaled large companies. By working with them, you will have the front row seat to see how a company grows and scales. We want to support your career goals, whether it remains here or beyond. Interested in knowing how product management or sales work? Let's have you sit in on actual sales calls. Wondering how to grow engineering teams in a high growth company? We'll directly mentor you and you'll learn from those who've been at multiple successful companies.
- Integrate and build services and components that are responsible for the syncing of large volumes of data from our enterprise customers
- Build integrations by working with the APIs of a variety of external services such as Applicant Tracking Systems and other enterprise software platforms
- Develop data streams and processing jobs for analytics and business automation
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language such as Python, Java, C, C++ etc.
- Experience with APIs for enterprise applications is a plus
- Passion for working with large datasets.
- Built data models and distributed data flow infrastructure
- Experience in SQL and database query optimization