At Sense, we are transforming the Contractor Experience for the World's Best Places to Work. Independent Workers now make up nearly 31% of the US workforce totalling almost 41 million. We are reinventing the way companies build long-term relationship with this workforce by creating the industry's first employee engagement platform to drastically improve communication and job satisfaction. We believe this type of work is only going to get more common and the experience can be much better for the contractor.
We care deeply about the success of our customers and strive to help them achieve their goals in inspiring and engaging with their workforce. Sense is seeking a Backend Engineer to deliver our contractor communication platform to the world's best places to work. Sense is a rapidly scaling company making this the best environment to take on ownership as well as learning how to grow a company. As a Back End Engineer at Sense, you'll be intimately involved with bringing features from idea to completion.
You'll join a collaborative, fun team where everyone, including you, is active in the product defining and development process. Our founders are lifelong entrepreneurs and have built and scaled large companies. By working with them, you will have the front row seat to see how a company grows and scales. We want to support your career goals, whether it remains here or beyond. Interested in knowing how product management or sales work? Let's have you sit in on actual sales calls. Wondering how to grow engineering teams in a high growth company? We'll directly mentor you and you'll learn from those who've been at multiple successful companies.
- Design, implement or improve features in a variety of backend systems including our REST APIs, data ingestion and processing systems and distributed task/job processing systems
- Meaningfully contribute to the product and core backend systems by suggesting improvements with the entire team
- Build infrastructure to support scaling traffic (sharding, caching).
- Work on the organization's performance review Cloud Infrastructure and Services.
- Enhance & Expand the current ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Data Services.
- Build Data Pipeline features that have a direct impact on Business & Engineering Teams.
- Design and improve systems to scale Enterprise Level Customers needs.
- Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals
- Familiarity with server side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms is a plus
- Experience with or knowledge of Amazon Web Services eco-system is a plus