As Head of Operations, you will be a critical member of the Executive team with significant impact on the future of our company. At the core, you will be responsible for managing, establishing, and improving our fulfillment processes from the moment the product leaves the factory to when it reaches the end customer. But beyond that, this position is highly strategic, entrepreneurial, and complex. You will take ownership of our entire Operations department and think about how we can best improve our shipping and fulfillment infrastructure so that it will grow in pace with our brand—one eye will always be on the future. As a direct-to-consumer brand, one of the most important aspects of our business is ensuring that the product is shipped worldwide quickly and effectively to our consumers. Designing and improving upon the best possible processes to meet these goals will be up to you. Of course, you cannot do this without a large team, and part of your responsibilities will include hiring and leading an increasingly large Operations team. You’ll also be our leader in supplier and vendor negotiations, develop strategy around insourcing vs. outsourcing choices, and plan our long-term operational infrastructure.
The person who will embrace this role has leadership experience in multi-faceted and quick- paced environments, with strong communication skills and lots of internal drive. S/he has a passion for luxury goods and direct-to-consumer retail. S/he is ready to work directly with the C- Suite and Management team to set a vision for the brand and ensure alignment across partners.
● Plan our long-term Operations strategy and work closely with co-founders (CEO and COO) to set goals for the company
● Make key decisions to grow our Operations department
● Hire, train and manage a shipping and fulfillment team within the first year
● Define the KPIs for all members of the Operations team
● Set up SOPs to process all returns and exchanges and escalate customer situations to senior management as necessary
● Manage all warehouse operations related to shipping and receiving, including working from the warehouse when necessary
● Monitor inventory levels, and work directly with production team to limit backorders and prevent shipping delays, while ensuring inventory accuracy across all channels
● Coordinate all inbound shipments with freight forwarder and factories for on time delivery
● Own quality control of products shipped to customers
● Work directly with shipping carriers (UPS, USPS, DHL) to ensure on-time weekly pickup
● Arrange best possible pricing for inbound shipping and customer fulfillment by renegotiating contracts and finding new partners as appropriate
● Identify areas of process improvement as we scale and create solutions
● Tackle special projects, including but not limited to creating tracking dashboards, finding office and showroom space, exploring ERP and 3PL systems and more
● Ability to think critically and learn quickly in a fast-paced, growing environment
● Passionate and knowledgeable about the luxury retail direct-to-consumer industry
● A highly strategic and entrepreneurial thinker; ready to envision and implement an Operations strategy that will quickly scale as our brand grows
● Comfortable with leading teams in ambiguous situations; willing to do what it takes to “get it done” during times of intensity
● Sound business judgement when interacting with customers, stakeholders and partners
● Motivated self-starter who can take on projects and manage them end-to-end, seeking help and guidance as needed
● Able to successfully communicate with many types of audiences, including vendors, warehouse team and senior management
● Highly organized and detail oriented with focus on execution and problem solving
● People management skills which include but are not limited to training, feedback, delegation, organization and career coaching
● Detail-oriented and diligent about packing and sending product that is a positive reflection of the SENREVE brand and will ensure customer happiness
● Must be highly analytical and comfortable in Excel
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● 5+ years of professional experience, ideally in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Corporate Strategy or Operations at a startup
● 2+ years of management experience
● Experience working in Ecommerce a plus
● BA/BS from a leading institution preferred
SENREVE is a direct-to-consumer luxury handbag brand. SENREVE serves the modern professional woman by combining luxury design and quality with versatility and functionality. Its products are handcrafted in Florence, Italy, at a family-owned factory that has been producing products for leading luxury brands such as Saint Laurent, Fendi and Balenciaga for 40+ years.
The company launched in November 2016 and has been featured in top publications such as Forbes, Fast Company, Business Insider, Refinery29, InStyle, among others, and worn by celebrities and influencers such as Jessica Alba, Julianne Hough, Priyanka Chopra, Jenna Dewan, Gal Meets Glam, Sincerely Jules, Aimee Song, and Something Navy, among others. In addition to its own website, the brand can be purchased through Shopbop, Nordstrom, Moda Operandi and Farfetch. The company has raised financing from prominent angels and family offices.