is making software truly searchable, allowing deep meaningful questions to be answered, and insights to be shared. Our technology treats code as data, enabling deep exploration of code at scale in order to find security vulnerabilities
We are now looking for a Customer Success Manager to be account owner and primary point of contact for several of our key accounts on the West Coast. This role involves introducing completely new technology and processes into well established tech companies so that they can improve their software security.
As a Customer Success Manager you will have a number of key responsibilities to improve our product offering and our customer relationships. You will be expected to have both highly technical conversations related to code analysis and security as well as high-level business discussions on product strategy and commercials. The role involves three essential components:
- Securing Expansions: We follow a land and expand model: many of our largest customers started with a small deal that was grown over 1-2 years into a full enterprise deal. You will identify opportunities for expansion, build relationships with the key stakeholders & decision makers, then set up and run projects to prove the value of Semmle to new teams/executives.
- Project Management: We run many LGTM deployments and variant analysis projects - these are typically complex projects that involve several Semmle engineers and customer’s engineers/technical staff working together. You will run regular check in meetings, collect stats on results progress, ensure blockers are quickly resolved, report on progress internally and with the customer.
- Product Improvement: Work closely with Product, Marketing and Sales to help them better understand how our customers use Semmle, why it is valuable to them and what we could do to make it even better.
The main thing we look for in candidates is intelligence and the ability to learn. For this role, experience of working closely with (and ideally on-site at) top-tier software and technology firms is the primary requirement:
- 5+ years customer success manager/account manager experience with large high-tech accounts running long, technical projects.
- Significant experience or knowledge of software development (e.g. experience as a hands-on developer, degree in Computer Science etc.)
- Experience working in the software security domain.
- Knowledge or experience of code analysis / software analysis tooling and techniques (e.g. program analysis, static analysis; dynamic analysis; data flow and information flow; security analysis).
We believe security is a shared responsibility
. Our mission is to secure all software by bringing the security and development communities together.
Our technology scales any organization's security expertise using QL
to quickly explore any codebase to discover new vulnerabilities and all their variants. We empower product security teams to deliver variant analysis results to development teams using LGTM
to ship safe code and protect their customers. Together, Semmle's platform enables the security community to collaborate and share their expertise in the field of variant analysis and security research. Our technology is free to use on open source projects using LGTM.com platform. At the time of writing, analysis results for over 135,000 projects are publicly available on LGTM.com.
Security and software engineering teams at Google, Microsoft, NASA, Nasdaq and Uber depend on Semmle to secure their code. Headquartered in San Francisco, Semmle is a privately held company funded by Accel, with additional offices in Oxford, Copenhagen, New York City, Seattle, and Valencia.
How do you apply?
Semmle aims to hire outstanding people who have a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures. We actively support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status or disability status.
Please complete the following form to apply or feel free to get in touch with Zac Wallis at email@example.com
for more information.