Machine Learning Engineer (Oxford, UK)
We are looking for a machine learning specialist to join our highly talented and friendly team at our office in central Oxford. You will apply state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to software engineering data generated by our world-class technology platform. At Semmle
we think of code as data. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, and make a real impact in an application area that will have increasing significance over the coming years.
In the role you will:
- Applying machine learning to solve business problems.
- Identifying new opportunities to extract knowledge from software engineering data.
- End to end ownership of projects: from acquiring and analysing data, building predictive models, creating data pipelines and integrating your solutions into our products.
- Implement deep neural networks for embedded models in source code
- Working in a transparent and collaborative manner.
- You will prototype with whatever tools you prefer. We encourage you to attend and present at conferences and workshops.
Much of your work will be out in the open, and will directly benefit hundreds of thousands of open source projects via LGTM.com
; our community-driven security analysis platform that empowers developers to ship secure code.Requirements
The main thing we look for in candidates is intelligence and the ability to learn. We are interested in talking to people at any point in their career: from Interns to Seniors and above.
- Excellent knowledge of a wide variety of machine learning algorithms and data science techniques.
- An MSc or PhD in computer science, mathematics, or a related area.
- Commercial machine learning experience.
- Experience implementing deep neural networks and embedded models.
- The ability to select the best method to solve the business problem in hand.
- The ability to think creatively, persistence and the ability to handle technical uncertainty.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience in Java (or a similar object-oriented language).
Semmle is a scale-up software company with <100 staff, >60 Engineers, >30 PhDs, >100 patents and >50 CVEs. We are privately held and backed by top-tier investors including Accel Partners. We offer intellectually stimulating work, competitive salaries, and a relaxed work environment in Oxford, Valencia, Copenhagen, New York, San Francisco or Seattle.
Semmle believes security is a shared responsibility
. Our mission is to secure the code that runs the world by bringing the security and development communities together. Google, Microsoft, NASA, Uber, Palantir and many others daily rely on Semmle’s products to scale their security expertise and quickly explore any code base to discover code quality issues, bugs, zero-days and all variants of vulnerabilities. To see how we’re doing this, check out the blog
and start writing your own queries with LGTM & QL
We are dedicated to improving open source software by making it more secure for its users and committed to the ethical disclosure of all security vulnerabilities
we find. Any bug bounties we receive, we donate to charity. If you share our values then please help us in securing software, together.
How do you apply?
Semmle aims to hire outstanding people who have a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures. We actively support diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital status or disability status.
Please complete the following form to apply, or feel free to get in touch with Zac Wallis at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.