Following a year of rapid growth in our open-source ML projects and winning top tier customers across sectors to support strategic AI platform initiatives, Seldon is expanding rapidly! We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science team and help us build the future of production machine learning.
Seldon is a London based scale-up that builds open source and enterprise machine learning frameworks that power massive scale deployments of production AI systems. Our open source framework Seldon Core
benefits from over 200,000 installations, and powers our enterprise product Seldon Deploy, which is currently being used by some of the leading global organisations across industries such as automotive, pharma, finance etc.
About the role
Your role at Seldon will primarily involve:
- Developing algorithms for monitoring machine learning models in production such as model explanations, outlier and adversarial example detection, and concept drift
- Contributing to our open source projects alibi, alibi-detect and others to extend their functionality
- Integrating third party algorithms into our open source projects and commercial product
- Working closely with our engineers to integrate the data science algorithms into our production platform Seldon Core and our commercial product Seldon Deploy
- Following the latest research to identify promising new methods and improvements to our existing approaches
- Growing within a scaling startup crafting a role of your own
- A degree or higher level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject.
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals behind machine learning algorithms.
- Experience of using machine learning tools in production.
- Familiarity with best practices for Python development.
- Familiarity with Linux based development.
- Contribution to open source projects.
- Share options to align you with the long-term success of the company.
- Exciting phase of fast-paced start-up challenges with an ambitious team and unlimited potential for professional growth.
- Access to discounted lunches, gyms, shopping and cinema tickets.
- Healthcare benefits.
- Tier 2 visa support.
- Flexible work-from-home policy.
- Cycle To Work Scheme.
Our interview process for Data Science is normally a short take-home test, followed by a phone interview and 2-3 hours of onsite interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions. We might design a system together on a whiteboard, the same way we often work together, but we won’t make you write code on one. Our recruitment process has an average length of 3 weeks.