We are a top tier VC funded company, headquartered in Silicon Valley and currently in stealth mode. The company is being built by proven serial entrepreneurs and executives, who have successfully built and scaled high growth global companies before.
If you have the aspirations to work on cutting edge technologies and frameworks, side by side with some of the smartest technologists, this may be a unique place for you. Dare to be part of the excitement?
Description/What You’ll Do
You will work with a team of data scientists and software engineers to build the core of a knowledge base for an AI system. You would develop high-performant code capable of analyzing millions of records across a distributed cluster as well as ensure the system is kept flexible so that it can scale with an ever-expanding set of data sources.
- Contribute to the core framework for data processing.
- Develop highly performant database queries across multiple database infrastructures.
- Develop code to ensure the integrity of the data as it is processed and appropriately generate respond when integrity is broken.
- Develop a system to dynamically generate new data processing components from higher-level specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with 2 years experience, or a Master’s degree.
- Experience in SQL or ElasticSearch - developed optimized queries that were productized.
- Experience in Java - developed production code backed by unit tests.
- Experience in Python - developed production scripts.
- Strong communication skills - able to communicate problems and clear solution strategies with team members.
- Strong teamwork skills - enjoy learning from and helping teammates
- Flexible working hours - ability to occasionally coordinate with remote teams outside of regular working hours.
- Ability to independently perform a root-cause analysis and propose solutions.
- Enjoy developing maintainable, well-documented code that others can use and expand on.
- Passion for delivering results and having an impact.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field with 4 years experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
- Proficient in Java - leveraged abstract classes and interfaces, multi-threading, understanding of core machine concepts such as memory fragmentation.
- Proficient in SQL and ElasticSearch - developed multi-stage queries (SQL) and developed aggregation queries using the Java API (ElasticSearch).
- Experience in Big Data - Spark or MapReduce.