Cybersecurity has emerged as one of the most headline-grabbing topics, and industries, of our time and affects virtually every aspect of our lives. There are few greater global challenges you could work on than the ones we love to work on everyday. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, mission-oriented environment where you can actually have positive impact on the world, then consider joining our team at SecureSet Academy!
SecureSet Academy is the premier cybersecurity education provider and we are looking for individuals who are as committed to educating the next generation of expert cybersecurity problem-solvers as we are. SecureSet Academy campuses are places of community, learning, and growth.
Our Company is looking for a WordPress developer and Internet technologist. We intend to fill this position with a dedicated freelancer with the potential to move into full-time employment. A successful web developer will be able to update, maintain and further develop within Wordpress while adhering to (already established) brand guidelines. This person is a team player who will work closely with the Creative Director, who oversees the design / front-end of our sites.
As a web developer, you are responsible for the development of efficient programming solutions. You will ensure safe, responsible handling of our network of sites. You can plan, project manage and develop custom, complex WordPress-based solutions. This mayinclude custom WordPress plugin programming.
You are adept at finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance our sites. You will aid our network of campuses with the management of localized content, calendars and solutions. You will produce educational screen recordings for our core team and for our campus teams.
As a core team member, you will support marketing and others in requirements gathering, project planning, capabilities presentation and general technical support.
- Experience with PHP back-end development, and best practices
- Experience with SEO best practices
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress and Shopify development
- Experience with Hubspot (COS) preferred
- Knowledge of how to use / interact with APIs
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks preferred
- Knowledge of SSL / HTTPS and overall Security implementation
- Working and collaborating with a creative team of graphic designer(s) and copywriter(s) under the direction of the Creative Director. You will work closely with our team to bring our brand to life via the code that you write.
- Contributing to best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing improved systems for business efficiency
- Building, maintaining and repairing Wordpress, Shopify, Lever and Canvas sites
- Training Campus team members
- Collaborating with Creative Director on UX/UI
- Execution of SEO plan developed by the Marketing Team
- Develop localized sites for each SecureSet Campus
- Content migration and site development
- Suggesting pathways for solutions for outdated themes, plugins, core updates, etc
- Customizing WordPress to support client-specific functionality
- Wireframes and flowcharts to present solution pathways
- Integrating with third-party APIs, CRMs, etc.
- SSL / HTTPS
- Excellent communicator, project manager and collaborator
- Able to quickly digest Marketing requests, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Communicating and setting expectations with Marketing Team
- Detail-oriented inside of a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical and architectural skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent English speaker
- Passion for Cybersecurity
Will also work with designer(s) and copywriter(s) in the long-term.
Based on experience and skillset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide your cover letter, resume and a list/portfolio of links to other sites that you have worked on (as the primary developer).
SecureSet Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.