Cybersecurity has emerged as one of the most headline-grabbing topics, and industries, of our time and affects virtually every aspect of our lives. There are few greater global challenges you could work on than the ones we love to work on every day. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, mission-oriented environment where you can have a positive impact on the world, then consider joining our team at SecureSet Academy!
SecureSet Academy is a premier cybersecurity education provider and we are looking for individuals who are as committed to educating the next generation of expert cybersecurity problem-solvers as we are. SecureSet Academy campuses are places of community, learning, and growth.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and collaborative Academy faculty in the areas of Systems Security, Network Security, Applied Cryptography, Logs and Detection, Governance/Risk and Compliance, Security Strategy and Analysis and Cyber Threat Intelligence. Instructors are responsible for preparation, instruction and engagement with SecureSet Academy students. We are seeking an experienced professional who is a team player, loves working in a collaborative environment, is passionate about the future of cybersecurity, and is hungry to grow our premier education experience at our Tampa Campus, which is located at 1915 N. Avenida Republica de Cuba. While this covers many disciplines, ideally the candidate will have expertise in more than one area and willing to dedicate the time to become functional in other areas.
You will create, fine tune and execute dynamic applied Cyber Security curriculum to build the next generation of entry level cyber security professionals. This role reports to the Tampa Campus Lead Instructor.
How this role will spend their time
- 50% - Instruction - Primary Function
- Instructional Support for 5 Teaching Modules per week.
- 40% - Preparation for Instruction / Mentoring and Supporting Students / Content Development ~ Refinement
- Ensure that Labs are ready, they are prepared, everything is working in advance of instruction. Available to answer student’s questions about the lectures or labs. Find areas of the course-ware that might not be working or things that have changed over time and require some updating. Periodic support of Virtual Machines or the Labs themselves.
- 10% - Independent Research / Professional Development
- Keep up to date with the latest trends, TTPs, Bulletins, etc. Continually and constantly be improving areas where weak or have a special interest. Encourage taking online courses, reading books, and share findings internally so that we might improve as a whole.
- Additional duties include:
- Ensuring successful completion of Academy instruction (directly or indirectly)
- Assistance with Academy Leadership Team in strategic growth initiatives
- Curriculum refinement and development in concert with master teaching schedule creation; Feedback to Director of Education on necessary curriculum mods or shortcomings
- Mentoring of students to ensure 90+% retention rate
- Performing technical interviews with potential students during enrollment process
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Capabilities for Success in Role
Network Security Desired Skills
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP networking (physical and virtual) and protocols such as DHCP, IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, STP, RSTP, VTP, and DNS.
- Experience with router/switch configuration and administration, ethernet and wireless networking, VPN, remote access, and configurations of end points connected to corporate networks.
- Subject matter expertise with common operating system internals, network packet capture tools such as Wireshark, Network Miner, and network discovery tools such as NMAP.
- Current Cisco CCNA (CCNA Security and higher desirable) Additional industry certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, EC-Council, SANS etc. are preferred.
Systems Security Desired Skills
- Extensive experience with Linux, Windows, and iOS. Subject matter expertise with Microsoft Windows operating systems including console/terminal usage and Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge of Malware Analysis tools such as: Ollydbg, IDAPro, and Sysinternals is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of TTPs to avoid Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Cross-Site Request Forgery, SQL injection, and other current attack methodologies to include password cracking with dictionaries and rainbow tables.
- Advanced knowledge of assessing system security requirements based on risks to confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA Triad) by selecting an appropriate security control baseline, applying and validating security control implementation, performing security assessments, and maintaining security posture by prioritizing vulnerabilities for remediation.
- Advanced knowledge of various IPS, IDS, and SEIM platforms to Logs and Detection.
- Security applications such as firewall administration and experience in digital forensics tools (FTK, EnCase, etc.) is a plus.
- 5-10 years’ experience as an instructor of cyber security specialties listed above.
- Post Graduate Cybersecurity Education helpful. Additional industry certifications from Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA, EC-Council, SANS etc. are preferred.
- Passionate and demonstrated success in development of students at the post-secondary education level.
- Applied experience and personal interest in developing pedagogical methods in cybersecurity experience with Cyber or Information Operations a plus but not required
SecureSet Academy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.