Scrollmotion helps companies create interactive content for touchscreen devices through our unique combination of software and storytelling. Our software platform, Ingage, is used by businesses to quickly create and share interactive mobile content for sales presentations, portfolios, trade shows and kiosks.
Scrollmotion’s Ingage platform gives users the power to create high-performance pitches and presentations directly from an iPad that can be shared in an instant with customers anywhere, on any device in the world. Our mobile team is working side-by-side with our world-class design team to continue to add features and functionality to the Ingage iPad/iPhone app. At Scrollmotion you'll get to work on challenging user interface designs, build wonderfully crafted custom animations, solve challenging engineering problems, work 100% in Swift, and take an afternoon break by walking a few blocks from our office to the picturesque beaches in La Jolla.
An experienced Software Engineer and an expert Swift Developer. You enjoy working in a structured but fast moving environment. You thrive on working with other Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and QA to solve complex problems. You take pride in preventing inconsistent, unreadable, undocumented, poorly architected, and untestable code. You have a core understanding of what it takes to deliver high quality software and are not afraid to make strong commitments and go the extra mile to meet those commitments. You feel good about joining a team of dedicated and focused engineers that enjoy their work and have fun while doing it. You are inspired by design. We are a design-led company. Beautiful user experiences matter. You’ll need to enjoy working to make the user say “Wow!” You’re also an Energetic Learner. We’re looking for someone who is not only keeping up with the latest Apple technologies, but actively looking for ways to use them to solve customer problems in interesting ways. Lastly, you’re a team player - We’re a small company, and everyone plays a key part. Expect great partnership and be a great partner. Do what you say you will, and beyond.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to develop a word-class iPad/iPhone app.
- Work in different layers of our iOS app - UIKit, AVFoundation, CoreData and asynchronous REST/JSON backend calls.
- Drive for results - we’re looking for someone who will drive to solutions for problems when they notice them, not wait for others to do it.
- Create custom native user interface components with polished animations while iterating with the design team.
- Integrate with backend APIs and 3rd party services.
- Optimize performance for a buttery smooth user interface and efficient resource utilization.
- Debug QA and customer generated bug reports using instruments and other tools.
- Document architecture decisions using applicable UML diagrams and other tools.
- Work on interesting research ideas that push the boundaries of what is possible in our product.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, M.S. preferred.
- 5+ years experience developing shipping iOS apps, the two most recent years in Swift, Swift 3.0 highly preferred.
- Strong architectural skills - you’ll need to know how to develop using the right level of abstraction, indirection and organization to aide in re-use and readability, while balancing for timely delivery of features.
- Great communication skills - our team is in San Diego and New York and works with teams internationally.
- An ability to work on multiple tasks under tight deadlines and agile methodology.
- Self-motivation and an ability to accurately track and report progress to management.
- Experience building polished, pixel perfect, custom interface components and animations from detailed design documents.
- Experience in RESTful services, ideally in Python.
- Source code available for our review (e.g. GitHub, contributions, etc.).