Did you know American pet owners spend $25B a year on veterinary care, and that a typical veterinary surgical procedure costs several thousand dollars? Scratchpay makes it easier than ever before to get financial help with an unexpected veterinary bill! Pet owners can visit scratchpay.com on their smartphone, fill out a 90-second application, and get approved for a payment plan instantly.
Recently named the #1 start-up in the veterinary industry (!), Scratchpay is eager to add an Accounting Analyst to our team to help revolutionize the way pet owners pay for veterinary care!
If you are interested in making a direct impact in one of America's top start-up companies and helping hundreds of thousands of pets in need, we urge you to apply!
You have an understanding of accounting and quantitative analysis, and a passion for the well-being of America’s furry critters! Using your analytical prowess and accounting knowledge, you’ll be an integral team member helping drive the accounting, analysis, and reporting needs for a quickly growing business. You’ll not only deepen your accounting and financial modeling skills, you will likely create new processes, products, business partnerships, and integrations. This position provides an opportunity for an invaluable experience with significant responsibility, as you will work directly with the leaders of a dynamic and fast-growing venture-backed business.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assisting in reconciling accounts
- Assisting in compiling monthly and quarterly reporting
- Helping manage banking relationships
- Ad hoc financial and managerial reporting
- Analyzing and comparing facts and figures, using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Coordinating organizational and administrative tasks and supporting payables and receivables
- Identifying and implementing ways to streamline operational processes
- Analyzing the ROI of launching new products or features
The Accounting Analyst position at Scratchpay is not expected to have a great deal of experience in accounting or financial analysis coming into the role. Rather, we are looking for hardworking individuals who have an interest in accounting, analysis and finance.
Requirements for the role include:
- Understanding of (or strong interest in) finance, accounting principles and practices, and banking
- Strong attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Ability to think creatively and desire to solve hard problems
- Energetic, helpful and optimistic attitude
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and desire to learn