Are you resourceful and possess a strong initiative to streamline financial processes?
Are you obsessed with details and never leave a loose end untied?
Do you thrive in a startup environment where there are few guardrails?
If you answered yes to all the questions above, we are looking for you.
Scratchpay is looking for a Senior Accountant that will contribute to a high-energy, rapidly growing startup. You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes, ensuring monthly financial statements are available to management within a reasonable timeframe, and guide the company through financial audits. You will see your contributions have an immediate, meaningful impact every day.
- Monitoring the day-to-day accounting operations, such as payroll, invoicing, borrower payments, vendor payments, etc.
- Ensuring all entries are recorded and reconciled in a timely manner so that period closes and reporting is efficient and accurate
- Leading the monthly financial close process, including tasks such as ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations, report preparation, etc.
- Participating in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Ensuring compliance with internal control policies and US GAAP
- Collaborating with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacting at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Assisting with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Working with Finance Director to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through annual report
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Minimum 1-3 years strong practical accounting experience is a must
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills is a must
- Technical acumen for information technology
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Capable of finding effective and efficient solutions to problems independently.
- Nice to have: financial services and/or FinTech experience