Sr. Manager of Growth
Here at Scratchpay, we’re at an important time in our journey - we’re looking to accelerate our acquisition of merchant partners (veterinary clinics across the US and Canada). This role is slated to be the leader of that growth. You will be responsible for developing our acquisition strategy, owning operational execution of said strategy by managing internal/external teams, and continuously iterating and testing new acquisition ideas to keep Scratchpay on its projected upward trajectory.
Success will be measured by a thorough understanding of the veterinary clinic landscape (there are 30K+ clinics in the US/Canada… the Sr. Manager should know each clinic’s status in terms of their journey towards Scratchpay), the growth in the number of merchant partners signed up onto the platform, and the optimization of costs to keep our CPA as low as it can be without sacrificing growth. Operationally, success is focused on tracking business performance, analysis of trends, process optimization, business forecasting, and development of strong business unit relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Provide direct leadership to the Sales Manager in regards to forecasting & operational data, and oversee, analyze and help direct the performance of experienced Sales Associates that report to the team’s Manager.
- Manage a digital marketing freelancer / agency to determine a plan for digital advertising & to ensure realization and measurement of results
- Create and execute our 2020 trade show strategy
- Using data / qualitative research, understand the clinic’s journey (what drove them to sign up for Scratchpay, what could be improved about that process) and develop personas for how the Sales Team should incorporate this data into their pitch strategy.
- Own the direction for our digital sign-up portal, and work with the Partnerships Assoc. PM to operationalize improvements
- Own the architecture for attribution measurement and work with our Technology team to operationalize this architecture / reporting.
- Own the structure and implementation of a system to best utilize our CRM for continual reporting and improvement.
- Ensure we have a great sense of all existing veterinary consolidator partners, including designing a process for alerting our team to new entrants to the market and ensuring we have existing partners properly identified.
- Analyze data to identify the highest value acquisition channels / channel combinations and lead budget efforts. The deliverable here should include a monthly reporting package that tracks the performance of all acquisition channels, partners, and teams
- Guide operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/processes/business alignment to fix root causes.
- Serve as a thought leader in Acquisition Strategy by keeping up to speed on the latest best practices and available tools, and proactively identifying, developing and driving the forward-looking strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Credit Risk, Technology and other key business units to ensure alignment of the acquisition strategy and direction.
- Manage multiple high-value projects, ensuring that deliverables are on time and of the highest quality; bolster organizational alignment by identifying all relevant stakeholders, documenting requirements, and conducting robust user acceptance tests.
- 2+ years of relevant consulting experience (e.g. strategy consulting, operations consulting, strategic planning, etc.), and 2+ years of operational experience (ideally including P&L exposure, process optimization, product launches, change management, etc.).
- Strong communication skills: the Sr. Manager will need to be able to transition smoothly from interviewing a potential clinic partner’s receptionist for strategic insight to presenting said insight and an action plan to the co-founding team.
- Successful results in previous business impact through performance and metrics management.
- Stellar collaboration, ability to think creatively and desire to solve hard problems.
- Energetic, helpful and optimistic attitude.
- Flexibility, and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands; a high sense of urgency.
- A desire to work in a high growth and results-oriented team environment.
- Experience using CRM systems like Zendesk and Pipedrive is preferred.
How to know if you are a good fit?
If you enjoy solving complex problems, working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, clients, and business partners, this could be the right opportunity for you.
You need to:
- Be OK to “get your hands dirty”: at Scratchpay (and in this role in particular), we have a need for strong execution, and we firmly believe in getting the details right at the earliest stage of testing a hypothesis. Thus, we don’t have room for people with great ideas but that can’t scope, lead, and fix problems as they arise. It’s more than just proposing an acquisition strategy for this role; the ideal candidate finds joy in that but also in thorough execution.
- Have empathy: understanding the position of others is critical to the success of the role, both in terms of managing teams and in terms of adding an additional layer to data-backed analysis
- Be thoroughly independent, yet know when to raise a point or ask for a clarification or escalate a potential issue
- Be open to continual learning: while no one is perfect, everyone can learn more. You need to be humble enough to see where you need to improve and curious / hard working enough to actually fix your weaknesses.
- Enjoy constructive criticism; It's important to always be able to ask yourself "What if I'm wrong?". You may not be wrong, but challenging your thinking is healthy. We do that a lot at Scratchpay.
About Scratch Financial Inc.
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup, based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple. While in the veterinarian office, a pet owner can visit Scratchpay’s website from their phone, fill out a simple application, and get approved for a payment plan for their bill within seconds. After launching our beta product mid 2016, Scratchpay is now the largest provider of payment plans for veterinary care in the U.S.! We are a team of ambitious people who are passionate about our common goal. We deliver fast, continuously iterate, and encourage rapid response to change.
Recently awarded the #1 start-up in the veterinary industry(!), Scratchpay is eager to add members to our team to help us continue revolutionizing the way pet owners pay for veterinary care. If you are interested in making a direct impact in one of America's top start-up companies we urge you to apply!
At Scratchpay, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.