Scratchpay is a financial technology startup, based in Los Angeles, California. We are using big data to put an end to economic euthanasia of pets. Our goal is to help more pets get medical care by providing smart and simple payment solutions to pet families. The credit risk team provides one of the core functions that helps us achieve our goal.
The Credit Risk team makes intelligent data-driven decisions to assess incoming risk and designs data based solutions to optimize portfolio performance. We are rapidly pursuing new data sources, increasing our understanding of our customers, building new predictive models, and implementing analytical insights live.
As part of the Credit Risk team you will be identifying key issues that drive losses, build and own periodic reporting, produce relevant credit risk analysis, and drive projects to conclusion. If you enjoy solving problems with data and technology and want to work in an environment where analytics, product, finance, and operations blend together this is a fantastic opportunity.
In this role, you will:
- Work with cross functional teams to create and maintain accurate periodic reporting of portfolio performance
- Develop and maintain credit strategies and loss forecasts
- Solve day-to-day operational problems and implement processes that systematically address recurring issues
- Investigate new data sources that improve the acquisition strategy and servicing experience
- Respond to ad-hoc credit risk issues across all levels of organization
We place a high degree of importance on team dynamics and have a transparent and open organization. We are a team of ambitious people who are passionate about our common goal and our respective areas of responsibility. We deliver fast, continuously iterate, and encourage rapid response to change.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong academics and bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- Programming and data extraction skills (we work with SQL, Python, and R)
- Built predictive models or decision strategies in school projects or previous work (we’d love to hear about them!)
- Strong communication skills through text and speech
- Strong willingness to learn new things, both through technology and other people's views
- A can-do attitude and feel motivated by difficult situations
Scratchpay is the nation's leading provider of simple, affordable payment plans to help pet owners get pet care first and pay later. After launching our beta product mid 2016, Scratch is now the United States' largest provider of payment plans for veterinary care! Each year in the U.S., millions of pets do not get the care they need due to financial constraints. Scratchpay leverages proprietary data elements, advanced machine learning models and other alternative data sources in order to finance care for as many pets as possible.
Through our company’s innovative approach to financial technology and our partnerships with over 4,000 veterinary practices, the total number of pets approved for financing with Scratchpay increased by almost 400% in 2018!
We also pride ourselves on being the only financial services company to donate 1% of net revenue to pets in need, and for being the only mobile-first solution in the space with 24/7 availability.
At Scratch, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.