About the team
The controls and vehicle integration team at Scotty is responsible for providing a solid software and hardware foundation on Scotty test vehicles. This team enables rest of the engineers to test their teleoperations ideas and refine systems.
- Perform miscellaneous wiring tasks on Scotty test vehicles
- Route wires cleanly inside the car
- Connect 12v devices to power distribution box through appropriate fusing
- Incorporate power inverters, battery chargers, 12v batteries, fuses etc. to the vehicle’s power distribution architecture
- Design, fabricate or hack-together mounts or fixtures for sensors or other type of hardware inside or outside Scotty test vehicles.
- Specify and order parts for the above mentioned tasks
- Flexibility to work on a project or hourly basis
Required experience and skills
- At least 5 years of experience working on electrical wiring projects on cars at workshops or as a serious hobby
- Ability to give accurate time and money estimates for projects
- Neat, safe and well-thought out wiring practices
- Knowledge of low voltage electrical systems in cars
- Knowledge of general building AC electrical wiring and systems
- Experience in identifying grounding issues, noise issues
- Experience in selecting correct wire, cable, fuses, switch, relay etc. for the application
- Certified automotive technician
- Certified electrician
Scotty Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.