At Scotty, we are reinventing the driving experience. The UX/Human Factors Researcher works on the core of our product by creating understanding and empathy around the needs of our users for our engineering teams. You will be conducting primary research and exploring the behaviors of our users through methods like ethnography, surveys, usability testing and logs analysis. Your research will help us create the best driving experience for our customers.
- Conduct literature reviews, run competitive analyses, design, run and interpret qualitative and quantitative user studies.
- Manage studies for HF and ergonomics/UX/UI/usability studies, Out Of the Box Experience studies and early exploration contextual studies in the field.
- Prepare user testing activities (e.g. create screener, recruit participants, lab setup, coordinate support materials, etc).
- Run user research sessions in lab or in the field; convey findings and formulate recommendations with a strong point of view.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science
- 3 years of experience conducting user research.
- 1 year of experience working with hardware and/or wearables.
- Experience working with anthropometric databases, and with qualitative and experimental research methods.
- M.S./M.A. or Ph.D. in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Familiarity with basic graphic editing tools
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different qualitative and experimental research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product development phase.
- Ability to operate independently, with flexibility and prioritize time between multiple projects.
- Excellent observational, interpersonal, oral and written communication, as well as collaboration skills.
Scotty Labs offers a playground for technically curious people to creatively apply ideas invented in other domains to the automotive industry.
At Scotty Labs, we recognize the horizon of each person's value stretches out in all directions, and we will not simply focus on where you are now. This is true in all aspects of our company culture, but none more so than our dedication to employee autonomy and ownership of process. We maintain a diligently innovative environment and are committed to building a team of learners, hackers, and doers.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you have applicable experience that is not exactly in line with what we have described.
Scotty Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.