Efficient Encoding and Streaming techniques are at the very core of Scotty’s tech stack. This role will encompass designing GPU based, network transport aware coding techniques for video and video-like data.
- Evaluate standards based encoding techniques to find a fit for Scotty’s needs
- Implement efficient extensions to standards based encoders that are informed by Scotty’s network architecture
- Propose changes to the network stack to maximize the efficient use of encoding techniques
- Evaluate and experiment with new learning based compression and coding approaches
- BS/MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Exposure to encoding and signal processing techniques
- Strong experience with “coding in the large” in a structured software engineering environment
- Excellent C++ programming, and software design skills; expertise in other languages welcome
- (optional) Experience with modern GPU hardware
Scotty Labs offers a playground for technically curious people to creatively apply ideas invented in other domains to the automotive industry.
At Scotty Labs, we recognize the horizon of each person's value stretches out in all directions, and we will not simply focus on where you are now. This is true in all aspects of our company culture, but none more so than our dedication to employee autonomy and ownership of process. We maintain a diligently innovative environment and are committed to building a team of learners, hackers, and doers.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you have applicable experience that is not exactly in line with what we have described.
Scotty Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.