Our machine learning specialists design and develop cutting edge algorithms that enable our vehicles to adapt and improve as they gather increasing amounts of data.
- Develop cutting edge machine learning algorithms for various parts of the online system including perception, planning and forecasting
- Guide the development of these algorithms from prototype to production - including training on large scale datasets, and deploying on a real time robotic platform
- Identify new areas (both online and offline) where machine learning can leverage data to enhance performance
- Design, build and maintain large scale production machine learning pipelines
- BS, MS or PhD in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong grasp of fundamentals: linear algebra, discrete and continuous optimization, supervised and unsupervised methods, generative and discriminative methods
- Expertise in one or more focus areas: deep learning, online learning, sequential prediction, graphical models, structured prediction, sequential models, reinforcement learning, imitation learning, planning under uncertainty, bayesian inference, model compression, multi-task learning, forecasting etc.
- Excellent software skills (C++/Python) required to train and evaluate state of the art algorithms on large datasets
- Experience with Tensorflow, Caffe, Pytorch and porting models to embedded platforms
Scotty Labs offers a playground for technically curious people to creatively apply ideas invented in other domains to the automotive industry.
At Scotty Labs, we recognize the horizon of each person's value stretches out in all directions, and we will not simply focus on where you are now. This is true in all aspects of our company culture, but none more so than our dedication to employee autonomy and ownership of process. We maintain a diligently innovative environment and are committed to building a team of learners, hackers, and doers.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you have applicable experience that is not exactly in line with what we have described.
Scotty Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.