We’re looking to hire a Senior DMPK Representative for Drug Discovery to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger provides advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions that accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery and materials design. Schrödinger has a growing pipeline of early stage assets and has co-founded leading biotech companies, including Nimbus Therapeutics and Morphic Therapeutic. In addition, the company has deep partnerships and collaborations in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
As a member of the DMPK and Translational ADMET group, you’ll enable progression of novel and best-in-class drug candidates in discovery and early clinical development. You will also aid the Drug Discovery group in developing and executing the DMPK and PK/PD strategies necessary for the facilitation of optimized candidate molecule advancement.
Who will love this job:
- A PK analysis expert
- An experienced Phoenix/WinNonlin and MATLAB SimBiology user
- A dedicated student of PK/PD modeling
- A proven PI and scientific strategist
- A highly motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented data-analyzer
- An excellent communicator and presenter who can work both as a team player and a project driver
- A flexible social adept who’s excited about networking and building internal and external relationships
What you’ll do:
- Develop and drive DMPK and PK/PD strategy for Drug Discovery projects
- Represent DMPK group on project teams to materialize molecular modeling design ideas into druggable novel chemical entities
- Collaborate with project team members and external CROs to generate relevant data to enable knowledge and data integration
- Effectively communicate DMPK and PK/PD knowledge and strategy to project teams, functional leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Analyze and integrate in silico, physicochemical, ADME, and DMPK data to impact molecule design and selection with a focus on druggability
- Appropriately apply PK and PK/PD modeling/simulation to guide the design and execution of in vivo preclinical animal experiments for efficacy and toxicology and to develop robust translational and biomarker strategies for clinical candidates
- Organize appropriate reports for regulatory submission of development drug candidates and ensure the overall quality of the studies and interpretation
What you should have:
- An academic background in pharmaceutical sciences or a related field: a bachelor’s degree and at least fifteen years of industry experience, a master’s degree and at least ten years of industry experience, or a Phd and at least five years of industry experience
- Prior experience with independently representing DMPK on project teams
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work 2018.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.