Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, seeks a Software Engineer to improve and maintain the Backend code of our enterprise products. Previous experience in machine learning development is not required, but an interest in picking it up is.
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of software development fundamentals, along with an interest in new cutting-edge technologies and the Chemistry, Biology, and Physics problems that our software helps to solve.
Come join our team in our mission to improve human health and quality of life!
Who will love this job:
- A relational or non-relational database expert
- A Python programmer who can solve data-munging problems (Tensorflow or Pytorch familiarity is a plus!)
- A continuous integration guru
- A large-scale distributed computing whiz (pbs, slurm, etc.) who’s built a system that operated on more than ten machines
- An experienced developer familiar with source control (GIT, SVN, etc.), Django, Flask, and Docker who’s worked within Linux/UNIX systems and written code that communicates directly with third-party software
- A log processing and data analysis pro
- A student of Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or a related field
- An excellent communicator and collaborator who’s enthusiastic about problem-solving and new technologies
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with scientists, developers, and drug hunters to deliver features and functionality that meet business and product goals
- Design, build, and test performance components in problem areas including data aggregation/transformation/reporting and large-scale computations.
- Utilize your own judgment and teammate support to architect and implement robust, maintainable solutions
- Implement unit tests and integration tests to drive development efficiency
- Participate in a code reviewing environment that encourages learning and high code quality
What you’ll need:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of basic Statistics
We’re prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 3+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.