We’re looking to hire an Enterprise Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our LiveDesign team, you’ll join alumni of Google, Microsoft, and other tech startups to improve and maintain the backend code of Enterprise products used by our Materials Science customers. Using your strong grasp of development fundamentals and interest in science, you can help us revolutionize the way materials are designed.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled programmer who’s written software in Java and/or Python that communicates directly with third-party software (crawlers, automation scripts, APIs, etc)
- A relational or non-relational database expert
- A large-scale distributed computing pro (Kafka, Hadoop, Distributed Computing) who’s built systems that operated on more than ten machines and is generally familiar with scalability, performance, redundancy, and/or high-volume environments
- An experienced source controller (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- An open-source enthusiast
- A proficient Linux/UNIX operator
- A log processing and data analysis adept
- A chemistry or physics fanatic
- An excellent communicator and time manager
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product designers, developers, and testers to deliver features and functionality that meet business and product goals
- Design, build, and test performance components in problem areas including data aggregation/transformation/reporting and large-scale computations for a collaborative multi-user application
- Exercise your own judgment and get support from teammates to architect and implement robust, maintainable solutions
- Implement unit tests and integration tests to drive development efficiency
- Participate in an environment that encourages learning and high code quality
What you should have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.