Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, is seeking a Solutions Architect to help support the growing deployment environment for LiveDesign, our next-generation enterprise informatics platform which is used by large pharmaceutical groups, biotechnology companies, and others involved in cutting-edge drug discovery.
As a Solutions Architect with our Enterprise Informatics group, you’ll be responsible for the successful deployment, customization, and support of LiveDesign, addressing the needs of our small and big pharmaceutical/biotech customers.
This job will ideally be performed from the UK, but can be located anywhere in Germany or France given a highly competitive candidate.
Who will love this job:
- A scientific data ETL expert
- A web and cloud technology professional
- An experienced Linux systems administrator
- A student of Chemistry
- A detail-oriented, self-motivated polymath
- Someone who cares deeply about improving human health
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
What you’ll do:
- Work in small, cross-disciplinary teams to construct, customize, test, and maintain enterprise chemical informatics systems using web and cloud tech stacks
- Collaborate across the team to scope, plan, complete, and deliver software solutions deployments in support of our customers
- Serve as a source of knowledge and training for end-users of the systems you manageInterface with Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to solve business and technical problems
- Translate user needs into actionable tasks for Engineers and Product Managers
What you should have:
- Demonstrated ability to code in a modern language like Python
- Hands-on cloud experience (AWS and GCP)
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Familiarity with SQL
- Fluency in English
Bonus points for:
- Graduate-level Chemistry experience
- Enterprise Cheminformatics implementations
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Understanding of High Performance Computing (HPC) technologies (e.g., GPGPU), resource management systems (e.g., Slurm)
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.