Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 80 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Biologist to drive drug discovery programs, target evaluation, and selection, and provide project leadership, strategic input and technical expertise across multiple drug discovery programs and therapeutic areas.
- Lead small molecule drug discovery programs from hit identification through development candidate
- Manage CROs regarding experimental design, implementation and execution of in vitro biological assays (biophysical, biochemical and cell-based) and in vivo testing in support of drug discovery projects
- Responsible for data review, analysis and interpretation of in vitro and in vivo results, and troubleshooting issues related to drug discovery projects
- Provide strategic input to senior leadership with regard to shaping Schrödinger’s broader drug discovery activities
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with 8+ years relevant pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Experience in leading multiple drug discovery programs and/or significant experience as a functional area representative on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated contributions to R&D efforts that have led to the development of clinical candidates
- Experience in identifying high-value therapeutic targets in multiple disease areas, based on the evaluation of biological rationale, tractability, and competitive landscape
- Expertise establishing in vitro biochemical/biophysical and cell-based assays and identifying translational disease models
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Skilled at working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience working with contract research organizations on program execution
- Experience on translational research, IND-enabling studies, as well as early clinical development
- Proven record of innovative thinking to propose and champion new ideas and solve problems
- Comfortable working across a number of disease areas and able to shift gears quickly
- Must be open to change and the unknown with a creative and resourceful nature; a self-starter, proactive and results-oriented with high performance standards
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.