Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, is seeking a software developer to improve and maintain the Backend code of our enterprise products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of software development fundamentals, along with an interest in learning more about both new cutting-edge technologies and the Chemistry, Biology, and Physics problems that our software helps to solve.
Previous experience in professional software development is not required, but an interest in adopting best engineering practices is.
Come join our team (which includes alumni from Google/Microsoft as well as other startups) in our mission to improve human health and quality of life.
- Collaborate closely within a cross-functional agile team composed of product designers, developers, and testers to deliver features and functionality that meet business and product goals
- Design, build, and test performant components in problem areas including but not limited to data aggregation/transformation/reporting and large-scale computations for a collaborative multi-user application
- Exercise your own judgment along with support from teammates to architect and implement robust, maintainable solutions
- Implement unit tests and integration tests to drive development efficiency
- Participate in a code reviewing environment that encourages learning and high code quality
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with most of:
- source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- open source technologies
- Linux/UNIX operating system
- writing software that communicates directly with 3rd party software (e.g. crawlers, automation scripts, API’s)
- Proficient interpersonal skills (oral/verbal communication), complemented by an ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Independent time management skills
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience with a relational or non-relational databases
- Experience with large scale distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Distributed Computing)
- Experience building a system that operated on greater than 10 machines
- Familiar with log processing and data analysis
- Scalability / Redundancy / High volume environments
- Science minor or independent interest (chemistry, physics, biology, or related)
We are prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 3+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.