Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We deploy these methods both through software sales and by using them to advance our own internal drug discovery efforts. Our structure-based algorithms for drug discovery are used across the pharmaceutical industry. These tools have enabled four of the programs we’ve pursued through our internal drug discovery group in the past 7 years to progress into the clinic; two are still progressing through trials and two have been approved by the FDA.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist with experience in structure-based ADME/TOX predictions to join the team and help us to better predict these important properties.
See company publications here
and read about us in the news here
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist with experience looking beyond on-target affinity to the host of other properties that are required for a successful small molecule drug discovery such as bioavailability, CNS penetration, hERG inhibition, clearance, etc
- A researcher with a track record of using various methods to determine these properties in silico and a desire to learn new approaches to the problem
- An excellent communicator and team player who has worked on collaborative projects combining expertise from various scientific disciplines
What you’ll do:
- Combine physics-based modeling, medicinal chemistry knowledge, machine learning and a wealth of experimental data to create and validate new technologies for the prediction of ADME/TOX properties
- Work with our drug discovery group to deploy these new technologies to active projects
What you’ll need:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Peer-reviewed publications in the field
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! We offer highly competitive compensation packages to exceptionally well-qualified candidates. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Salary negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.