Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with global drug-discovery companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. Our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics, driving our successful drug discovery collaborations around the world.
We’re looking for a Strategic Deployment Manager to join us in our mission to help scientists design better drugs, faster. This person will play a vital role in the implementation of LiveDesign for our internal Drug Discovery Group (DDAG) which is made up of over 60 designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, and biologists and has had four programs reach the clinic in the last seven years.
By serving as the bi-directional voice of this group, they will also help drive future development and support in a strategic fashion. This senior level position is an instrumental consultant for scientists who use LiveDesign to better achieve their goals, and will play a strong role in the direction of the product.
for more information about how LiveDesign is helping shape the future of collaborative drug design.
- Manage LiveDesign implementation, from early stage discussions, through training, deployment, and overall success.
- Understand the DDAG and collaborating pharma scientific needs, workflows, and mission in order to help craft the LiveDesign implementation
- Help drive product development and the roadmap design by working closely with product management and engineering
- Represent product roadmap to DDAG, and help drive the feedback cycles.
- Coordinate with the various teams (Solutions Architects, Account Managers, LiveDesign Product Managers, DDAG Management) to help define solid process around implementation and deployment.
- BS in chemistry with 5+ years in a life sciences field related to drug discovery, MS or PhD preferred.
- Experience with computational chemistry or cheminformatics in a research setting
- Proven track record of being highly organized, with excellent communication and documentation skills
- Project management
- Knowledgeable in software development practices and/or familiar with enterprise software technology concepts
- Experience with user-facing roles
- Experience in OS level support for web and database systems
- Experience with Schrödinger modeling suite a plus
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.