We’re looking to hire an Order Management Specialist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 25 years of experience developing software solutions for quantum mechanics, molecular dynamics, and machine learning-based chemical simulation and prediction.
As a member of our Finance team, you’ll be responsible for processing inbound purchase orders and customer agreements, generating license keys for software delivery, and managing customer billing and receipts.
Who will love this job:
- A seasoned order processor who also has experience with accounts receivable/payable functions and/or purchasing and fulfillment
- A NetSuite or Salesforce user
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated customer service professional
What you’ll do:
- Review and process contracts for various types of software deployments, including creation, delivery, and management of software license keys
- Analyze and handle service agreements, which will include setting up internal projects to track the performance of said services
- Regularly coordinate with customers and internal teams such as Sales and Legal
- Accurately apply sales tax rates rules for customer billing and file monthly returns
- Generate invoices and post cash receipts
- Post accrual entries to the general ledger, and reconcile various accounts monthly
- Perform general administrative tasks to keep customer records up to date, which may include managing payment portals and electronic invoicing information
- Identify process impediments, propose specific solutions, and work with various internal teams to implement changes
What you should have:
- A four-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous order processing experience
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.