Schrödinger is seeking an experienced systems administrator to join our IT Operations team.
Schrödinger aims to provide integrated software solutions and services that truly meet its customers’ needs. We want to empower researchers to achieve their goals of improving human health and quality of life through advanced computational techniques that transform the way chemists design compounds and materials. By building and deploying breakthrough scientific software solutions and forming collaborations and partnerships, we help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that might otherwise not be possible.
We’re looking for a person with a strong systems background who can understand the 'why' along with the 'what'. We are a global company, and you will be a part of ensuring Schrödinger’s infrastructure and methods enable the advancement of computational science and state of the industry today. You’ll be comfortable participating in a collaborative environment where IT is appreciated and understood by a large number of our users, and innovation is the norm.
We have one of the fastest supercomputers in the world. We are doing interesting things with Amazon and other cloud providers. We are inventing new ways and methods of doing IT. We’re a dynamic organization and rapidly evolving. We want you and your experience to be a part of that.
Your Skills and Experience
- Strong systems architecture and troubleshooting
- Great Linux skills are a must, Mac and Windows familiarity are required as well
- Love for automation - most of our stuff is python / bash
- Excellent communication skills, an analytical mind, and a collaborative spirit
- Experience with, or interest in, hard sciences is a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Our Tools, Toys, and Some Buzzwords
- LDAP / AD / SSO, DNS / DHCP, WDS, SQL
- Jira, Agile, DevOps, Git, SaltStack, Chef, AWS, VMware, VNX, Isilon