We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. Our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials, with FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign being just a few examples of the programs we have created.
As a member of our Applications Science team, you’ll guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites and address challenging problems in drug discovery.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application). Specifically, solid experience in structure-based drug design as it applies to hit generation and lead optimization
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A creative, outgoing person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An independent self-motivator who manages his/her own time well while also collaborating with colleagues across a wide range of disciplines and projects.
What you’ll do:
- Provide pre- and post-sales software support, including demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitating interactions between customers and scientific development teams, and providing scientific guidance
- Engage in collaborative cutting edge scientific research
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- A minimum of two years relevant postdoctoral experience
- Willingness to travel (approximately 20% of time)
Experience in at least one of the following: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn’t mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.