Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 80 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past seven years have progressed into the clinic; two are still progressing through trials and two have been approved by the FDA.
If you are a medicinal or organic chemist and have an interest in applying cutting-edge computational approaches to structure-enabled projects, we are eager to hear from you.
- Actively participate in collaborative drug discovery projects
- Responsible for supporting medicinal chemistry efforts to ensure the delivery of high quality clinical candidates
- Responsible for management of chemistry CRO’s to meet project goals
- Work in close collaboration with computational chemists and modelers on new idea generation and evaluation using Schrödinger computational drug discovery platform
- Contribute to evaluation of new target opportunities for Schrödinger’s drug discovery collaborations
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry with minimum 1-3 years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology setting
- Experience in working with external chemistry teams at CRO’s
- Understanding of protein-ligand interactions
- Some experience in structure-based drug design
- Good understanding of biology, pharmacology, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Skilled at working in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in leading drug discovery projects
- Experience in progressing compounds from hit identification to clinical candidates
- Computational chemistry experience
We offer highly competitive compensation packages. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, tuition reimbursement and a flexible work environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.