We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Immunology Drug Discovery Scientist with deep expertise in immunology and inflammation to join our Drug Discovery team. The candidate should have a track record of goal-oriented, innovative and collaborative research, demonstrated through drug discovery project milestone delivery and peer-reviewed publications. The successful candidate is expected to drive the identification of small molecule drug discovery opportunities in the areas of immunology and inflammatory diseases, which can leverage Schrödinger’s proprietary computational platform. In addition, the candidate will lead programs in the preclinical development phase. The candidate will join a highly collaborative and interactive drug discovery group, and will participate in interactions with external KOLs and CROs to facilitate target identification and program execution.
- Provide scientific and strategic leadership in the areas of immunology and inflammatory diseases, including identification of therapeutic target opportunities that are a fit for Schrödinger’s proprietary computational platform
- Advance drug discovery research programs from the preclinical to clinical stage
- Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts to make decisions on therapeutic targets and small molecule program progression
- Lead interactions with KOLs and serve as a disease biology expert on cross functional discovery teams
- Stay informed on trends and emerging developments regarding research and development in the fields of immunology and inflammatory diseases
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in immunology or related field with 8+ years postgraduate biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry research and drug discovery experience
- Demonstrated success as a lead biologist in the identification of therapeutic opportunities in the area of immunology and inflammatory diseases
- Proven track record of advancing drug discovery programs through preclinical development
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of inflammatory pathways and immunology and the preclinical models applied in research in these areas
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Skilled at working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience in managing external studies at CROs including study design, monitoring study execution and timely delivery of study results
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is proactive and results-oriented with high performance standards
- Comfortable working across a number of disease areas and able to shift gears quickly. Must be open to change and the unknown with a creative and resourceful spirit
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.