Schrödinger, the leading provider of state-of-the art scientific software and services for pharmaceutical and materials research, is seeking an Account Manager who will be responsible for growing revenue based on our software solutions and services for pharmaceutical, biotech and life science companies in Germany.
Schrödinger is expanding its product offerings beyond technology-leading computational chemistry software into the areas of materials science, biologics, enterprise informatics, databases, and visualization. The new Account Manager will play an integral part in this expansion by growing current customer relationships and creating new business opportunities. More specifically, the new Account Manager will be responsible for growing the Biotech customer segment within their region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business
- Manage and grow existing accounts
- Work with different teams to support accounts needs
- Collaborate with the EU+ team to develop business and marketing strategies to target specific customer segments
- Produce timely and accurate business reports and revenue forecasts
- Travel to customers and conferences
- An advanced degree in life sciences; knowledge of materials science or molecular modeling is a plus
- Experience in Account Management, Business Development, or Consulting in the chemical or pharmaceutical industries is a plus
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding customer relationship and customer management abilities
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter who can independently manage projects, as well as work as part of a team
- Familiarity with computational chemistry software is a plus
- Fluency in English (proficiency in German is a plus)
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.
Remind me to apply later