Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life and materials science research and development, seeks a Quantum Mechanics Developer with experience in method and software engineering.
Who will love this job:
- A quantum chemist who has experience efficiently implementing cutting edge electronic structure methodologies and has a proven track record of scientific contributions to computational/theoretical chemistry or a related field
- An experienced software developer who enjoys writing Python, FORTRAN, and/or C/C++ code in a collaborative environment while adhering to good engineering practices (previous experience with a large software project in the field of molecular electronic structure theory or molecular dynamics is a plus!)
- A diligent student of minima- and transition state-finding methodologies, who also understands mixed quantum-classical mechanical (QM/MM) methods
What you’ll do:
- Deliver workflows that impact research in life and materials science industries
- Develop new methods to predict pKa, solvation energy, covalent inhibition rates and other important properties using Density Functional Theory
- Contribute to fundamental improvements in our molecular electronic structure code (Jaguar)
What you should have:
- PhD in physical, theoretical, computational, or quantum chemistry
- Previous experience in one or more of the following application areas: catalysis, pKa prediction, solution phase equilibria, reactivity prediction and mixed quantum-classical simulations
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.