Schrödinger (NASDAQ: SDGR) is transforming drug discovery and materials research with its technology. Used by bio-pharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories worldwide, Schrödinger’s software platform can predict critical properties of molecules before scientists embark on time-consuming and costly experiments. Schrödinger has also deployed its computational platform to advance its own drug discovery programs and also in collaborations with pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
We’re seeking an experienced Head of Investor Relations to build and lead a world-class investor relations function. This position will report to the CFO.
- Develop and execute an integrated and coordinated strategy for investor relations, building internal capabilities and creating a world-class IR function
- Develop IR Plan to expand and enhance coverage of the company
- Communicate proactively and build relationships with current investors and analysts, and target potential new investors and analysts
- Plan, manage, and attend investor events, investor and analyst meetings, and roadshows; collaborate internally for medical, scientific, and industry meetings and data presentations
- Analyze forecasts, data, and assumptions to provide aggregated view of expectations and implications for investor/analyst perception
- Serve on Disclosure Committee to ensure consistency in disclosures and messaging
- Monitor analyst reports, peer news, and media reports to communicate internally about competitive information
- Respond to inquiries from investors, analysts, and members of the media
- Maintain active investor/analyst database of interactions with the financial community and the press
- Establish processes and systems to build a leading investor relations function
Qualifications and Experience:
- Direct work experience in the investment community on the buy- or sell-side
- Established credibility with the investment community and healthcare technology and/or the biotechnology industry
- 10+ years of investor relations, communications or related experience in a publicly-traded biotech/pharmaceutical/healthcare technology company or at an investor relations firm working with biotech/pharmaceutical/healthcare technology clients
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High literacy in financial statements and valuation models
- Strong understanding of SEC, NASDAQ and FDA regulations impacting communications
- Collaborative style working across internal and external teams
- BA/BS required, MBA or related PhD desired
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.