Schrödinger, a science and technology leader with over 20 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, is seeking a Scientific Developer to create application-focused software tools for materials science. As a member of the Materials team, you’ll have the opportunity to help us revolutionize the design and development of materials.
Who will love this job:
- A proficient Python programmer who’s developed scientific and object-oriented software in a collaborative environment
- A devoted student of Materials Science (a Computer Science background is a plus!)
- A curious computational chemistry enthusiast
- An independent self-starter with practical computer skills
What you’ll do:
- Implement scientific workflows
- Design and create data and results viewers
- Maintain existing code base
- Contribute scientifically to novel methodologies
- Deliver commercial solutions in a timely fashion
What you should have:
- Master’s degree or doctorate in materials science, computer science, computer engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, or physics
- Deep understanding of quantum mechanical and/or molecular dynamics calculations
- Extensive GUI development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.