Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for an immediate permanent position supporting scientific teams in our New York office. This position will report directly to the US Director of Administration.
Who will love this job:
You’re a true team assistant who loves working with groups and being the glue that holds them together. You’re known for your expert organization, a keen eye for details, and the innate ability to find new ways to make a process more efficient for everyone. You’re comfortable working with an Executive Assistant who will show you the ropes, then taking over projects and making them your own. You thrive in a focused, collegial, intelligent, and comfortable office environment full of perks. No task is too tedious or beneath you; you’re known to pitch in wherever help is needed and work with other teams to get the job done. Most importantly, you want to go home every night knowing your work is important and makes a difference in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Provide full administrative support for our busiest and fastest-growing scientific teams including but not limited to scheduling and calendar management (Gmail and Google Calendar), travel arrangements (TripActions), expense reporting (Expensify), and presentation creation and editing (Powerpoint and Google Slides).
- Arrange large internal and offsite meetings, summits, retreats, events, wellness activities, and visiting special guest speakers. Strong plus if you are comfortable scouting locations, communicating and arranging IT requirements, negotiating contracts, booking hotel blocks, arranging full-day catering, entertainment, activities, and have event-planning experience.
- Sending and staying one step ahead of calendar reminders for monthly project updates.
- Maintaining a group Confluence page (Confluence experience a plus, but not required).
- Keeping the team assignment rosters up to date.
- Managing Jira/Asana ticket traffic (Asana experience a plus, but not required).
- Requesting consultant and vendor NDAs and coordinating follow-up with internal and external stakeholders.
What you should have:
- Exceptional professional communications skills. Ask questions, practice common sense, and protect all sensitive and confidential materials and information.
- Excellent organizational skills, technological savvy, and a natural problem-solving ability.
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, GCal, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, Hangout, etc.)
- A great sense of humor, a flexible personality, and the ability to work well independently.
- Readiness to take pride in being an integral part of a growing and dynamic Administrative team helping to keep Schrödinger running smoothly. We hire thoughtful, exceptional talent at all levels of our organization, no exceptions.
- A 4-year college degree preferred and 3+ years of relevant administrative experience.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401(k) match program, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, parental leave program, catered meals, a company-wide mentorship program, fantastic and fun office-wide events, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute; and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.