Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, is seeking a Solutions Architect to help support the growing deployment environment for LiveDesign, our next-generation enterprise informatics platform which is used by large pharmaceutical groups, biotechnology companies, and others involved in cutting-edge drug discovery.
As a Solutions Architect with our Enterprise Informatics group, you’ll be responsible for the successful deployment, customization, and support of LiveDesign, addressing the needs of our small and big pharmaceutical/biotech customers.
This job must be performed from the Boston area.
Who will love this job:
- A scientific data ETL expert
- A web and cloud technology professional
- An experienced Linux systems administrator
- A student of Chemistry
- A detail-oriented, self-motivated polymath
- Someone who cares deeply about improving human health
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
What you’ll do:
- Work in small, cross-disciplinary teams to construct, customize, test, and maintain enterprise chemical informatics systems using web and cloud tech stacks
- Collaborate across the team to scope, plan, complete, and deliver software solutions deployments in support of our customers
- Serve as a source of knowledge and training for end-users of the systems you manage
- Interface with Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to solve business and technical problems
- Translate user needs into actionable tickets for Engineers and Product Managers
What you should have:
- Demonstrated ability to code in a modern language like Python
- Hands-on cloud and container technologies experience
- Strong command over Linux internals
- Familiarity with SQL
Bonus points for:
- Graduate-level Chemistry experience
- Enterprise Cheminformatics implementations
- Advanced Linux systems administration, Docker, Kubernetes, and/or AWS/GCP experience
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.