What we do:
We develop a software platform that allow scientists to leverage the power of physics-based simulations throughout all stages of the pharmaceutical and biotech drug discovery process. We make software that improves the lives of millions of people.
Who we are:
The Drug Discovery Group at Schrodinger consists of over 40 scientists including designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, biologists and technologists. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic. Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods.
A Linux sysadmin, engineer and/or scientist that loves solving practical problems. You are comfortable being on the front lines and squashing problems as they surface. You keep your cool when problems get tough. You enjoy learning about business and organization details as much as the science/engineering details. You are an incredibly fast learner and can wear many hats. You enjoy teaching and sharing ideas.
- Develop code to customize the Schrödinger platform to user needs
- Work in small teams to scope, plan and complete complicated deployments (including novel/unusual configurations) in support of drug discovery collaborations
- Be responsible for the success of deployments
- Guide the direction of product releases to ensure that features are relevant to specific user groups
- Work with the drug discovery group as a primary technical contact and become familiar with their day-to-day operations
- Assist in product development and product management
- Be a source of knowledge both internally and externally by gaining a thorough knowledge of the entire software platform
- Interface with Scientists, Engineers, Product Managers and Account Managers frequently to solve business and technical problems
- Support business development efforts as a platform evangelist for our scientific and computational partners
- BA/BS from a top university in Engineering, Computer Science, Sciences or Mathematics
- 2+ years experience with scripting or programming languages (python, perl, java, etc)
- Data management in the Life Sciences
- Go-getter attitude: requires a desire to not just identify problems, but also develop solutions that fix the source of the problem
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
- Extremely detail-oriented and hands on
- Science major/minor or independent interest (chemistry, physics, biology, or related fields)
- Demonstrated success in technical project management
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn’t mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.