We’re looking to hire a Materials Science and Technology Support Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 25 years of experience developing software solutions for quantum mechanics-, molecular dynamics-, and machine learning-based chemical simulation and prediction.
As a member of our Scientific Support team, you’ll help customers optimize their use of our materials discovery software. By keeping close tabs on issues of interest to our users, you’ll play a crucial role in the insurance of customer satisfaction and in the continual development of cutting edge tools for the Materials industry.
This position could be performed from New York, Boston, or Portland.
Who will love this job:
- A materials scientist with broad knowledge of molecular modeling theory and applications
- A strong problem-solver who’s familiar with high-performance computing clusters, queuing systems, and systems administration
- A keen Python programmer
- A quick-thinking customer supporter
- An excellent communicator with impeccable interpersonal and organizational skills
What you’ll do:
- Aid the Schrödinger materials community with scientific advice and support
- Guide technical deployment of Schrödinger software in high-performance computing environments (which include clusters and GPUs)
- Collaborate in high-impact scientific research projects to be shared with the broader scientific community
- Troubleshoot user difficulties
- Log and track problems and enhancement requests
- Channel feedback to the development team
- Help to coordinate global materials science support efforts
What you should have:
- PhD or MS in materials science, physics, or a related field
- Extensive experience with the application of at least one of the following groups of simulation methods for materials or complex chemicals:
- Quantum mechanics
- Molecular dynamics
- Coarse-grained simulations
- Machine/deep learning, chemical informatics, and data analysis
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.