Schrödinger, a scientific software company serving researchers worldwide in commercial and academic institutions, is seeking a Senior Marketing Specialist to join its Marketing team in Portland, Oregon. The Specialist is expected to have a strong background in digital graphic and content creation and an interest in learning infrastructural tools needed to perform a wide range of tasks, including digital content management, marketing automation for email campaigns, and WebEx event hosting. You will definitely not be bored with the variety of projects and tasks we work with on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate is an intelligent, hardworking, and extremely meticulous college graduate. You don’t have to have a degree in science, but a healthy curiosity about science and a willingness to keep learning new things will serve the candidate well. We’re looking for someone who can learn things quickly, accept feedback constructively, and possesses an intense commitment to detail-oriented work; someone who can work well on their own while also multi-tasking to achieve team goals as we work collaboratively with the Sales team and other corporate stakeholders.
- Develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns
- Assist in outbound and inbound marketing activities by demonstrating advanced expertise in various areas (web content development, graphic design, events planning, marketing communications, marketing automation, etc.)
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Work with external vendors to coordinate marketing activities
- Aid in training other members of the marketing team staff
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.)
- Execute individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- 5+ years professional marketing experience
- Exceptional computer skills, including MS Office and Google Docs, marketing software (Adobe Suite, Marketo, Drupal) and applications (Google analytics, WebEx)
- Strong background in digital graphic and content creation
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Creative thinker that enjoys working in a collaborative setting
- BS/BA in business or science
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.