Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational drug discovery and materials design, is seeking a scientist to help design and implement novel computational tools in the rapidly evolving field of lead discovery.
The ideal candidate will have a strong scientific background in the life sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Physics) with experience in the development and validation of computational methods for the prediction of measurable properties of biological and/or chemical systems.
Come join our team in their mission to improve human health and quality of life!
- Collaborate closely within a cross-functional and agile team composed of scientists, developers, and drug hunters to develop new computational tools and improve performance of existing technologies.
- Design and execute large-scale scientific validation of computational models.
- Develop code in an agile, test-driven programming environment that encourages learning and high code quality.
- Publish new advances in leading scientific journals.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of the Python programming language, including experience with at least some of the following libraries (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, SciKit Learn, RDKit).
- Ability to communicate scientific findings clearly at meetings.
- A Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or related field, required.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages (C, C++, Fortran).
- Experience with deep-learning models in chemistry and biology (Generative Neural Networks, Random Forests, Support-Vector Machines, Bayesian Networks).
- Experience with lead-discovery methodology and technology (Docking, Pharmacophore, or Shape-Based Screening; QSAR Models).
We are prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 3+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.