Senior Scientist Position available in our NY, NY office.
- Develop, test and utilize algorithms to determine the optimal atomic-detail models for use in structure-based drug discovery using data from structural biology experiments such as x-ray crystallography and cryo-electron micrscopcopy (cryo-EM)
- Perform real and reciprocal space fitting to electron or coulombic density maps, sampling of protein and ligand degrees and automated identification of alternative occupancies.
- Develop new and innovative solutions for combining cryo-electron microscopy data with drug discovery
- Collaborate with leading scientific groups to create computational solutions for extracting alternate conformations in crystallographic densities adding value to the drug discovery process
- Develop scientific software for structural biology refinement in compiled and scripted languages
- Build atomic models into cryo-em and xray crystallography maps
- Apply knowledge of structural biology and structural biology refinement
- Utilize structure-based drug discovery methodologies
- Ph.D. degree in Computational Structural Biology, Chemistry, or a related field of study
- Knowledge or experience in the following must have been gained through academic research, coursework, and/or experience: develop scientific software for structural
biology refinement in compiled and scripted languages; build atomic models into cryo-
em and xray crystallography maps; structural biology and structural biology refinement;
and structure-based drug discovery methodologies