We’re looking to hire a Science and Technology Support Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores!), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Scientific Support team, you’ll help customers optimize their use of our drug and materials discovery software. By keeping close tabs on issues of interest to our users, you’ll play a crucial role in the insurance of customer satisfaction.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist who has experience with molecular dynamics simulations and/or the pharmaceutical applications of molecular modeling software tools
- A strong problem-solver who’s familiar with high-performance computing clusters and queuing systems
- An enthusiastic user of Desmond, Amber, and/or CHARMM
- A keen Python programmer
- A quick-thinking customer supporter
- An excellent communicator with impeccable interpersonal and organizational skills
What you’ll do:
- Aid the Schrödinger community with scientific advice and support
- Guide technical deployment of Schrödinger software in high-performance computing environments (which include clusters and GPUs)
- Troubleshoot user difficulties
- Log and track problems and enhancement requests
- Channel feedback to the development team
What you should have:
- PhD or MS in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Multilingual fluency (English is a must; German and French skills strongly preferred)
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.