Schrödinger aims to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. To ensure outstanding support of our 80-person and growing Drug Discovery Applications Group (comprised mostly of computational and medicinal chemists, modelers, and biologists) in the US, we are looking for an outstanding Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join the NYC-based Human Resources team.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic partner in a matrixed organization with a track record of developing exceptional HR practices in a pharma or biotech environment. We seek someone with a proven record of supporting and encouraging a positive, inclusive, and passionately mission-centric work culture. A history of developing positive and practical scaling programs during periods of rapid growth is essential.
- Engagement in the group is exceptionally high; create and refine programming to maintain a strong, uplifting, highly collaborative environment
- Spearhead initiatives in employee relations
- Drive internal mobility and career pathing programs
- Provide and coordinate learning and training experiences for managers and staff
- Maintain a close working relationship with internal recruiters to ensure a smooth transition from candidate to FTE
- In conjunction with colleagues on the HR team, this role will oversee the onboarding experience for all NYC and Boston employees and work to continuously update and improve company-wide, global onboarding strategies and initiatives
- Prior experience working in biotechnology and/or pharma is required
- 5 - 7 years of HR experience in these critical areas:
- Matrixed org HR management
- Employee engagement and relations
- Interteam communications
- Staff and manager training, driving L&D initiatives
- Coaching at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
Compensation, benefits and culture:
Schrödinger understands that exceptional people make a company great. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401(k) plan with company matching, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, a parental leave program and a generous amount of paid time off. We adhere to a set of principles that reflect the company’s outstanding scientific mission and vision, as well as how we aspire to work with customers, collaborators, and one another. Our company culture draws on these principles, and is best described as science-focused, ethical, collaborative, and collegial.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.