Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. To ensure outstanding support of our employees in the US, Germany, France, India, Japan, the UK, and remote locations elsewhere around the world, we are looking for an outstanding SENIOR ASSOCIATE to join the NYC-based Human Resources team.
The ideal candidate is a strategic partner to all departments in the company, who has a track record of developing exceptional HR practices in an agile environment. We seek a person with a proven record of supporting and encouraging a positive, inclusive, and passionately mission-centric work culture. This is a people-first role, one which will require a great deal of interaction with/support of all levels of staff. A history of developing positive and practical scaling programs during periods of rapid growth is essential.
- Spearhead initiatives in employee communication & relations
- Help maintain our very high level of employee engagement through developing and maintaining employee-focused programming
- Drive internal mobility and career pathing programs
- Oversee the onboarding experience for all NYC and Boston employees. Work with other members of the HR team to continuously update and improve company-wide, global onboarding strategies and initiatives
- Provide and coordinate learning experiences across the company. Work with managers and the internal Education team to coordinate company-wide training
- Help drive the adoption and build-out of a new HRIS
- This role will not include any recruiting responsibilities, but requires a close working relationship with the internal recruiters to ensure a smooth transition from candidate to FTE
- Prior experience working in technology, biotechnology and/or pharma is required
- 5 - 7 years of HR experience in these critical areas:
- Lifecycle HR with a focus on onboarding/offboarding practices
- Employee engagement
- Employee relations
- Scaling company-wide communications
- Applying metrics and analytics to guide strategic HR initiatives
- Staff and manager training, driving L&D initiatives
- Coaching at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- Experience building out an HRIS from the ground up preferred
Compensation, benefits and culture:
Schrödinger understands that exceptional people make a company great. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401(k) plan with company matching, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, a parental leave program and a generous amount of paid time off. We adhere to a set of company principles that are reflective of our focus on the company’s outstanding scientific mission and vision, as well as how we aspire to work with one another and our customers and collaborators. Our company culture draws on these principles, and is best described as science-focused, ethical, collaborative and collegial.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.