Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, is seeking a software developer to write and maintain Python application and GUI code across many of our scientific products. The role involves writing complex, interactive interfaces and tools for Schrödinger’s scientific products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of software development fundamentals, along with some coursework or lab experience in Chemistry, Biology, or Physics. Previous experience in professional software development is not required, but an interest in adopting best engineering practices is.
A successful candidate will:
- work well in a collaborative environment
- be eager to adopt good software engineering practices and methodologies
- be able to write clear, highly organized, and maintainable code
Required qualifications include:
- familiarity with scientific language and concepts
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong grasp of object-oriented programming concepts
- Python development experience (professional or academic)
- experience writing unit tests
Desirable qualifications include:
- familiarity with chemistry and/or biochemistry concepts
- advanced Python knowledge
- GUI development experience
- experience working on large, complex codebases
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401(k) match program, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, parental leave program, catered meals, a company-wide mentorship program, fantastic and fun office-wide events, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute; and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.