Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, seeks a Software Engineer with a scientific background in Computational Chemistry or Computational Physics. The candidate should be familiar with and eager to adopt good software engineering practices, such as automated testing and code reviews.
Who will love this job:
- A proficient Python or C/C++ programmer who’s made meaningful open-source contributions on platforms like Github and/or Stack Overflow (Fortran experience is a plus!)
- An enthusiastic student of Chemistry, Physics, or a related field
- A developer who loves working in UNIX/Linux environments
- A machine learning expert
- A CUDA enthusiast
- An excellent verbal and written communicator who enjoys working independently and as part of a team
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science, or a related field
- At least two years of scientific software development experience
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.