We’re looking to hire an Infrastructure Software Engineer to join us in our mission to design drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We hold the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, LiveDesign, and the Materials Science Suite are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our LiveDesign infrastructure team, you’ll play a key role in improving the speed, quality, and delivery of our enterprise application platform. Driven by your passion for developing great end-to-end solutions in the realm of automated and scalable infrastructure, you’ll help researchers apply computational methods to the drug discovery process, making it more efficient than ever before. Check out the LiveDesign platform here
Who will love this job:
- A skilled engineer who’s excited by the prospect of adapting existing web services to be deployed with container technologies (specifically Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Rancher)
- A modern infrastructure operations/automation tools expert who enjoys server virtualization (e.g., AWS, Xen, RackSpace, VMWare), deployment automation (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Salt), and continuous integration and testing (e.g., Jenkins, Hudson, BuildBot)
- A passionate UNIX system operator who understands process limits, devices, networking/HTTP, and systems administration
- An enthusiastic solver of security problems, including certificate management, network/firewall configuration, and encryption
- A former Computer Science or Engineering major (an undergraduate minor in chemistry, physics, biology, or a related field is a plus!)
What you’ll do:
- Work with the applications and operations teams to develop the automated life-cycle of building, testing, deployment, and monitoring needed to securely and efficiently deliver web applications to our development and production environments
- Design and develop our infrastructure services (primarily written with Python/Django)
- Assist in troubleshooting infrastructure-related issues in our development and production deployments
What you should have:
- Over three years of experience in development, infrastructure, systems administration, and/or test automation
- Expertise in at least one scripting language such as Python, Ruby, or Perl
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office and the center of our software development team, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.