Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is seeking a part-time Facilities Administrative Associate for an immediate permanent position reporting to the Office Manager in our Portland office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Organizing the Office Management stockroom areas, including unpacking boxes and efficiently stocking items on the storage shelves.
- Moving and hanging whiteboards, cork boards, paintings, etc.
- Assembling and moving furniture.
- Spackling and painting walls when needed.
- Fixing broken office furniture (when possible) by request.
- Collaborating with Administrative and Facilities team members to brainstorm effective department procedures and new ideas.
- Covering breaks and performing Reception tasks including: signing for packages, emailing, scanning, answering phones, preparing shipments for Fedex, mailing, organization, supplying guest passes, booking conference rooms, making reservations, and greeting all guests.
- Backup, vacation, and as-needed Administrative and Reception support for the office including: emailing, scheduling, calendar maintenance, and other Admin duties as requested by the Office Manager or Facilities head.
- Communicating daily with the Office Manager to inform when items are needed, supplies (including coffee, water, etc) are running low, or special requests from Employees are made.
The successful candidate will:
- Be comfortable lifting and handling heavy boxes and materials on a daily basis.
- Pride themselves on their punctuality and professional communication skills.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and highly organized; having a knack for using limited space well while keeping areas safely arranged.
- Anticipate the needs of the office, thinking one step ahead.
- Strive to find new ways to help and pitch in.
- Have a great sense of humor, flexible personality, “can-do” attitude and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ask questions, practice common sense, and protect any and all sensitive and confidential material and matters.
- Be proficient in using the Google Suite, including Gmail, Gcal, and Docs. Additional computer programs a plus.
- Take pride in being part of a growing and dynamic Administrative and Office Management team helping to keep Schrödinger running smoothly.
It is expected that the employee would work an average of 100 hours/month, either three 8-hour days/week or four 6-hour days/week, with the option for additional hours when the Office Manager is out of the office for school, sick days, or vacation. Approximately two hours per day would be for administrative work (see: Librarian), two or more hours for unloading boxes and stocking, an hour for front desk lunch coverage, and an hour for other miscellaneous Facilities tasks such as furniture repair, inventory, new employee setup, etc. This position would help maintain unity and parity between the two floors once Schrödinger PDX has moved into the additional space in February 2019 and would ideally begin mid-to-late January 2019, and no later than February 4, 2019.